Featured Post

The Harricanes ("hair-uh-cuns") Ain't On No Map

"The Harricanes", pronounced "her-uh-cuns" or "hair-uh-cuns"or some say "hairkins" depending on who...

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It Started A Long Time Ago and I'm a Little Farther Along


Welcome to Generations Down a Red Dirt Road. Today is the beginning of a new adventure for me.  I have wanted to create a blog for a very long time and now here I am.  As I research my family history this will be a venue to share what I find along the way with others and learn as I go.  I enjoy history and plan to share some interesting places I find along the way as well.  Some will have a connection to my ancestors and some will be unrelated to my specific family search but something I found learned about a historic event or a specific area that I am researching that I think is worth sharing or I personally want to know more about.

I don't know nearly as much about my ancestors as I would like but hopefully through my travels around the world via the internet I will be able to leave something behind to my children that they otherwise would never have known about their family history.I enjoy reading, writing, genealogy and history and this blog allows me to combine all of these.

I chose the name Generations Down a Red Dirt Road because it occurred to me that most all of my ancestors came from just that, down an old, red dirt road.  Some have traveled far and some never left and some wish to return to those places we call home and where some of our fondest memories linger.

 I hope you enjoy what your find here and will come back often.  I have also created a Facebook Page and a Pinterest account just for Generations Down A Red Dirt Road, so please join me there too.  You will find the links on the right  for signing up and following along with me and to share with others.

The personal benefit for me is this blog will also serve in some ways as a journal of my attempt to get farther down the road as I look for my ancestors.  I welcome suggestions,comments and questions and look forward to hearing from you.  I hope you will find what I share here interesting and worthwhile.  Help me  spread the word so I'm not talking to myself here okay?  .

I'm sure I have some kinks to work out so if something isn't working please let me know.

Thanks so much for visiting,
Darnell

No comments:

Post a Comment